I feel like I am being hit from all directions: the merger integration; regular work that still needs to get done; Girl Scouts; HOA; my family. Kid #2’s cell phone just died … perfect timing with the new iPhones coming out this week. It’s like it knew ….
My head was just racing last night when I got home from work. I am not overwhelmed; I’m just on all the time. The yoga mat seems to be the only place where I can catch a break. It got so bad last night that I even caught up with the Kardashians to try and kill some brain cells. I ended up staying awake well past my bedtime, which allowed me to enjoy the Baker Hostetler skit on The Tonight Show live. I still think Jay’s Mofo attorney skit was better.
I think today I will shut my office door. Get done what I can get done. And go fill up spiritually after work.
So, what’s on tap today?
- Got my homework assignment for the leadership class in by COB, Chicago time.
- Sending attorney stats to Chicago. Time to start updating the numbers.
- A splint and several hours later and we’re home. Time to log in via my iPad. I really need a new laptop.
- Need to get up to SFO to meet the partners up there. Where to find the time?
- Kid #1 just twisted her ankle at school. I can’t make this sh** up. Off to the ER we go.
- Need to find out: do we pay this 2015 conference sponsorship invoice now, or wait until after the merger? What is the policy on approvals? Guess budget time is coming up ASAP.
- Need to meet with Bob to review his ideas for the new collateral piece.
- Got Marty’s edits back. We’re off to the races.
Thanks to everyone who asked about kid #1. Bad sprain, but it’s in her growth plate area, which is starting to fuse, so we need the pediatric orthopedic to check it out. Of course they are at a conference this week, and fully booked next week. But I’m sure I’ll persuade someone to see her ASAP. I just never take no for an answer when I know there has to be a work-around.
And perhaps that’s the tip for the day. Don’t take “no” or silence as an answer when you know there is a “yes” or a response that can be made.