Social NETWORKING at the 2011 Legal Marketing Association Annual Conference
The Legal Marketing Association’s annual conference is just around the corner, and I’m starting to get excited.
I’ve had the honor and pleasure of participating on the conference committee this year, and, in my unbiased opinion, the conference agenda is looking incredible. Better check out the MORE sessions. Catherine MacDonagh and I really enjoyed contributing to these.
But, let’s face it, the networking that takes place at LMA is key to carrying on our work (and keeping our sanity) throughout the year. The colleagues and friendships I have developed through LMA keep me tied to the industry more than anything else.
If you have yet to plug into the online social network of LMA , there are a few things you can do:
- Open a Twitter account if you don’t already have one. Once your account is open, search #LMA11 and you will have access to the conference Twitter stream. (If you don’t want to open an account, but want to “listen” in on the conversation, you can still search the Twitter stream and listen in on us).
- Once on Twitter, send @lindsaygriffith and @lalaland999 (Laura Gutierrez) a message. Lindsay is keeping a list of the LMA Twitterers on her blog; Laura has created a List to Follow on her Twitter site. I have a list as well that you can access here.
- If you are planning to blog from the conference, let me know in the comments section below and I’ll add your blog. So far, I have the following bloggers who will be posting from the conference. I’ll also publish a separate list as we get closer to the kick-off.
- Nancy Myrland, Myrland Marketing
- Tom Matte, The Matte Pad
- Lindsay Griffiths, Zen & The Art of Legal Networking
- Laura Gutierrez, Duets Blog
- Heather Morse, The Legal Watercooler
- Jonathan Fitzgarrald, Bad for the Brand
- Larry Bodine, LawMarketing Blog
- Adrian Dayton, 12 Virtues Blog, Legal Marketing: Social Media Edition
- Ross Fishman, Ross’s Law Marketing Blog and Law Firm Speakers
- Cheryl Bame, Legal PR Advice
- Russell Lawson, Progressive Marketing Blog
- Robert Algeri, Great Jakes Blog
- Gina Furia Rubel, The PR Lawyer
- Hubbard One, The Hubbard Perspective
- Amy Knapp, Not Knapping
- Sonny Cohen, Duo Consulting
- Meet fellow social networkers at the Tweet-up/Inaugural reception for the LMA Social Networking SIG.
- The Social Media SIG is for those who have an interest or primary role in using social media and online networking platforms to enhance marketing and business development efforts. Connect with this group at the #LMA11 tweetup on Monday, April 4 at 6:45 p.m. in the Crew’s Cup Lounge.
- Join the LMA Conference Group on LinkedIn to connect and participate in discussions specific to the conference. It’s a closed group, so if you need an invitation, let me know in the comments section below, or send me a LinkedIn message.
I look forward to connecting with you either in Orlando, or online.